Postal workers and taxi dispatchers are two iconic jobs that are finding it hard to survive under the wheels of ever advancing technology.
But while it's easy to see how email, online payments and flying drones' deliveries are making postal workers obsolete and mobile apps like Uber and Get Taxi are sending Louie De Palma to the unemployment queue, claiming that website developers are going the way of the Dodos may need some explanations.
Those of you who watched Super Bowl XLIX commercials may now be going duhh, code-less, DIY tools from GoDaddy, Squarespace and WIX will mark the end of HTML gurus!
But truth to be told, all those fast and easy does it platforms, will not help your plumber come up with a website less crappy than the stuff he deals with on a daily basis. The hard fact is that just about 3% of websites are created by do-it-yourself platforms, and while the leading DIY platforms boast tens of millions registered users, looking closer at their financials reveals that only about 2% percent of those users actually end up with published operational sites on their owned domains.
The vast majority of new websites are still created by web developers over CMS (Content Management Systems) platforms, such as WordPress (60.6%), Joomla (7.5%) and Drupal (5.1%). However, even when using pre-made design templates, the process of converting the static Photoshop design produced by a designer into code is expensive and time-consuming, which essentially means that the end customer is mostly paying for the damn thing to work instead of paying for slick design, engaging content and great user experience.
Hmm, hums my savvy reader this sound like a market ready for disruption… if most developers can't design and most designers can't code why not arm designers with a codeless site building platform?
Why not indeed? Some designers already turn to the popular Do-it-Yourself platforms as a mean to bypass developers but most will find these platforms lacking; the market leading DIY platforms:
- Do not offer multiple account management environment
- Do not allow designers to create their own custom templates
- Rely on limited responsive algorithms to optimized user experience on mobile and tablet devices
- Do not offer a fully white label option
- Do not provide deep on-site SEO support
- Limit resellers margins by publishing end-users pricing
Enter Camilyo website builder – an agency grade builder created specially to allow designers to create and manage multi-platform, pixel-perfect professional websites for their small business customers without writing HTML and CSS code or hiring a developer. Camilyo is unique in many aspects:
- Server side Responsive+ adaptation allowing designers to deliver a truly platform optimized experience while enjoying cross platform content sync.
- A fully hosted, white labeled, multi account management environment that takes off the administration hassle of managing multiple customers
- Built-in Facebook integration that allow embedding a full website, selected pages and lead generation add-ons as a Facebook tab app.
- Fully integrated with Camilyo all-in-one marketing platform allowing designers to go beyond website building and offer additional, on-going services
- Shipped with an SMB portal that gets the SMBs engaged in managing and updating their online assets.